You need to have the "Create Issue" permission in the relevant project to be able to create a test. If you do not have this permission, please contact your JIRA administrator.
To create a new test:
- Do one of the following to open the Create Issue dialog.
- Use the following keyboard shortcut: 'c'.
- Click Create at the top of the page.
- From the "Tests" menu, click on "Create a Test"
- In the displayed Create Issue dialog, select the Test issue type and specify the test details.
- Optional: If you want to create a series of tests with similar details, you can select the Create another check box.
When you select this option, a new issue dialog will appear after your test is created, automatically pre-populated with your previous test details, while leaving the 'Summary' field blank.
- After populating all the required fields, click Create to create the test:
Once the test has been created, a confirmation is displayed with the new test ID. You can then go to that test to modify it.