In Zephyr, releases consist of cycles that exist within the system to assist in planning the testing. Users can add cycles in the test planning section of the system which helps to provide and define the series of tests to be executed and ran.
Click to view more information on terminology regarding this page
|Test Planning||A method to specify the scope of the testing efforts that include the individual tests scheduled including the resources assigned to those tests.|
|Cycle||A series of tests involved that are to be executed/run.|
|Clone||To copy a test cycle and make an exact copy of the test cycle.|
|Export||The act of transferring data (test cycle) from one location to another. In this case, you are exporting/transferring test cycles from Zephyr to multiple report types (Excel, HTML, PDF, etc.)|
A calendar based on month and week views is shown and can be toggled between these two views. < and > buttons allow months and weeks on either side of the currently displayed view to be shown. Clicking on "Today" brings the view back to the present time and selecting the calendar icon and picking a specific date brings the view to that appropriate day.
Zephyr also provides the execution progress bar summary for both the test phase and test cycle when highlighting the mouse over the execution progress bar for a test phase and cycle.
This tool allows the user to:
- Set up various different execution cycles
- Use the structured set of test cases or pick individual tests in a free-form manner
- Assign test cases to testers (or Anyone) to execute
- Assign both manual and automation testcases
- Bulk assign test cases
- Modify a schedule as needed based on changes in the project/release
- Reassign or load balance unexecuted test cases to other testers