- ZBots can be installed on MacOSX, Solaris or Linux.
- Below is an example of an installation on Ubuntu Linux. The others are very similar.
- There are steps below that demonstrate how you can make ZBots autostart.
- You must have JDK 8 or higher for ZBot to run: Download
- The ZBot can be downloaded from: http://<your_zephyr_server>/zephyr/zbot
1. Click on the Download ZBot link above and download the following file: zbot.unix.tar.gz
2. Open the archive with unzipping software (in this case Archive Manager on Ubuntu Linux)
3. Extract this folder to a convenient location where the ZBot will be installed. ZBot will be running from this folder.
4. In this case, /usr/local/zephyr has been chosen as seen below.
5. Open your favorite editor (gedit in this case), and open $ZBOT_EXTRACTION_FOLDER/zbot/conf/zbot.properties
6. Modify zephyrServerURL to point to your zephyr server (as highlighted) and save the property file.
7. Open a terminal window and navigate to $ZBOT_EXTRACTION_FOLDER/zbot and use the following to administer:
./bin/zbot.sh start - To Start the zbot in background
./bin/zbot.sh status - To Check the status of ZBot
./bin/zbot.sh stop - To Stop the zbot
./bin/zbot.sh console - To run zbot in interactive mode
8. Log files are in $ZBOT_EXTRACTION_FOLDER/zbot/logs
Autostarting ZBots on UNIX
1. Create a symlink
ln -s /usr/local/zephyr/zbot/bin/zbot.sh /etc/init.d/zbot
2. make sure symlink works
3. run following command
update-rc.d zbot start 20 2 3 4 5 . stop 20 0 1 6 .
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/zbot ...
/etc/rc0.d/K20myapp -> ../init.d/myapp
/etc/rc1.d/K20myapp -> ../init.d/myapp
/etc/rc6.d/K20myapp -> ../init.d/myapp
/etc/rc2.d/S20myapp -> ../init.d/myapp
/etc/rc3.d/S20myapp -> ../init.d/myapp
/etc/rc4.d/S20myapp -> ../init.d/myapp
/etc/rc5.d/S20myapp -> ../init.d/myapp
4. reboot your machine to check if it works
shutdown -r now
1. Remove the run levels
update-rc.d -f zbot remove