Zephyr for Jira is now Zephyr Squad! Read more about this.
This prerequisite is applicable for both the internal and external importer tool.
Zephyr supports the majority of the Jira fields and this includes any custom fields added as well.
Even though we support these Jira fields (mandatory or optional), they must be added to the Create Issue Screen in Jira. It is required for all mandatory fields for a given project to be added to the Create Issue Screen.
This is required because it allows the field to be mapped to a data column as part of the import process. Zephyr is then able to list the respective fields on the mapping section when using the Importer tool. Once the mapping is done, the user is able to map the required mandatory or optional Jira fields to the importer file fields.
Click on the “Tests” menu at the top of the navigation bar and then click on the “Importer” tool to bring up the in-house importer tool.
1. Select the project that you want to import the issues to.
2. Select the issue type that you want to import.
3. Select the file type that you want to import from (either an Excel or XML file).
4. Browse for the Excel or XML file that you want to import
5. Choose how to discriminate between the issues in your Excel/XML file and then determine the starting row.
6. If you have any previously saved mappings, you can use this select to use a saved mapping.
7. If you don’t have any saved mappings, you can map your import file to the fields that Zephyr for JIRA uses. Mapping is an extremely easy process that allows users to simply drag-and-drop the Excel/XML fields to the mapped fields.
8. After mapping your fields, click on the “Import” button to start importing the issues from the import file to Zephyr for JIRA.
You have a couple of different options to import them into JIRA:
The Zephyr for JIRA Tests Importer Utility supports importing tests that are in the Testlink xml format, not the JIRA xml format yet.