Zephyr for JIRA Cloud is now open for integration
What is ZAPI Cloud?
ZAPI (or Zephyr API) Cloud is an Add-on to Zephyr for JIRA Cloud that allows access to its testing data including the ability to view and upload information programatically.
Using ZAPI Cloud's capabilities, Zephyr for JIRA Cloud users can:
- Integrate with test automation tools
- Integrate with continuous integration tools
- Create extensive custom reports for testing
- Integrate with business intelligence tools
- Use the testing data for other purposes
The APIs provide the following capabilities:
- Get information about users, projects, releases, tests, execution cycles
- Create new tests and test execution cycles
- Update tests, test execution status
- Add attachments to existing execution cycles
- Run ZQL and retrieve search results
- ZAPI Cloud works only with Zephyr for JIRA Cloud
- A valid license of Zephyr for JIRA Cloud is needed for ZAPI Cloud to work
- ZAPI Cloud is only available for Zephyr for JIRA Cloud
- The API is entirely HTTP-based
- Parameters have certain expectations
- There are pagination limits
- Encoding affects status character counts
- No anonymous access is allowed; the security model is the same as that of Zephyr for JIRA Cloud (which in turn uses JIRA's security model)
To get started, you need to be a JIRA Admin. First confirm that you have a valid installation of Zephyr for JIRA Cloud in your JIRA instance. From JIRA's UPM, search for "ZAPI Cloud" and install it. This is a quick process and once installed, Zephyr for JIRA Cloud's data is available to access via RESTful calls.
Refer to ZAPI Cloud Usage Limits.